Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coolant..?

4 posters

Go down

Coolant..? Empty Coolant..?

Post  pat Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:34 pm

My 30k mark is coming up soon and I'm worried about the coolant, right now it's on the low mark and I'm hesitant to add any over the counter antifreeze.

Apparently some N/A people have been having head gasket issues in the early miles of 20k-40k

On NASIOC they're saying to use the subaru coolant along with the coolant additive, but I'm having trouble getting the vendors to ship it over here. Considering it's some sort of chemical hazard. But is there any chance prestige carries it?
pat
pat

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Coolant..? Empty Re: Coolant..?

Post  catgut Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:30 pm

^^^^ Give them a call & ask....I would think they should and yes, the shipping....it's a HAZMAT issue that you're faced with. In any case, as long as you meet or exceed the manufacturers recommendations for service they can't deny you warranty coverage if something fails within your warranty period provided it was failure due to manufacture etc. To add to this, even if you did put over the counter coolant in there (not straight tap water or such) they can't deny coverage if it does break...they have to prove that what you did caused the failure not just assert that it failed because of your service. Magnuson-Moss Act, check it out http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm#Magnuson-Moss

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  gummx97 Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:50 pm

I know Prestige has the Blue Coolant, I asked them to add some to my car. Their number is 633-2698, ask for Fred, he is the service advisor I have been going to for car problems. There is also George, another service advisor.
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  pat Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Alright cool, I'll give them a call later on today.
pat
pat

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Mmanni39 Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:58 am

pat wrote:Alright cool, I'll give them a call later on today.

Right on fellas way to help out Pat, another source is Keith. Let us know if you have any problems.
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum