Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

over heating

3 posters

Go down

over heating Empty over heating

Post  tempest24 Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:31 am

hi all,

i am in need of some help...

so due to a front end collision i replaced my OEM radiator, condenser, fan shrouds to a Mishimoto radiator, OEM condenser, Mishimoto slim fan shroud kit. now the repairs took like 8months...

i am currently having overheating issues...when on idle with the A/C on it heats up to 3/4 on the gauge. so i spoke to a tech from Mishimoto through NASIOC forums regarding fan shroud wiring, got that all squared away...and the problem continued...so i check for the thermostat...had that replaced with a brand new OEM thermostat...everything was good for 3 days...the heating problem came back...so i check for an air bubbles in the coolant with the car on and radiator cap open...no bubbles so my head gaskets should be good...

so need some help on what i should do to solve this cooling issue...

thanks
tempest24
tempest24
SCG Forum Master

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-12-01

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/tempest24?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

over heating Empty Re: over heating

Post  gonzosti Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:20 am

tempest24 wrote:hi all,

so due to a front end collision i replaced my OEM radiator, condenser, fan shrouds to a Mishimoto radiator, OEM condenser, Mishimoto slim fan shroud kit. now the repairs took like 8months...

i am currently having overheating issues...when on idle with the A/C on it heats up to 3/4 on the gauge. so i spoke to a tech from Mishimoto through NASIOC forums regarding fan shroud wiring, got that all squared away...and the problem continued...so i check for the thermostat...had that replaced with a brand new OEM thermostat...everything was good for 3 days...the heating problem came back...so i check for an air bubbles in the coolant with the car on and radiator cap open...no bubbles so my head gaskets should be good...

thanks

Is the fan kit you have a single fan or dual?...I was having problems with cooling when i replaced my front end and found that the second fan / drivers side was not turning on when A/C was on or after reaching operating temp. I replaced the fan motor and now cooling is normal....In addition to restarting the system, after reaching normal operating temp. i turned on the A/C to full blast and coldest setting and ran the engine for 20 minutes or so, then let it cool down, and then filled the coolent resevior as needed and repeated till proper coolent level was reached. Actually filled with almost 2 gallons or so..your Mishimoto radiator has a higher capacity im sure...Just my 2 cents...
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest24 Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:30 pm

gonzosti wrote:
tempest24 wrote:hi all,

thanks

Is the fan kit you have a single fan or dual?...I was having problems with cooling when i replaced my front end and found that the second fan / drivers side was not turning on when A/C was on or after reaching operating temp. I replaced the fan motor and now cooling is normal....In addition to restarting the system, after reaching normal operating temp. i turned on the A/C to full blast and coldest setting and ran the engine for 20 minutes or so, then let it cool down, and then filled the coolent resevior as needed and repeated till proper coolent level was reached. Actually filled with almost 2 gallons or so..your Mishimoto radiator has a higher capacity im sure...Just my 2 cents...

its a dual fan 13" each...oversized from the stock
tempest24
tempest24
SCG Forum Master

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest24 Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:30 pm

GuamSTI wrote:This is not very hard to diagnose, come by the meeting and we can check.

if easy can you let me know wat else to do? me and jun are running out of ideas...
tempest24
tempest24
SCG Forum Master

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest24 Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 am

yup it was solved...

DONT BUY SLIM FAN SHROUDS...WASTE OF MONEY...NO MATTER WHAT THE MALEFACTOR SAYS
tempest24