Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 <Star Spec> Initial Impressions

+2
tempest24
catgut
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 <Star Spec> Initial Impressions - Page 2 Empty Re: Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 <Star Spec> Initial Impressions

Post  gonzosti Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:14 pm

NangKangs Rule! silent ....Really though...you ran some solid times...I think adjusting your tire pressure helped out in reduing the over steer..Just gotta play with it and get the baseline down..then do wheel alignment and play with that..sure to shave off a second or two! Cool
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 <Star Spec> Initial Impressions - Page 2 Empty Re: Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 <Star Spec> Initial Impressions

Post  07GDJ25 Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:30 am

Just rotated my tires yesterday. The front was showing a bit of wear on the outside. At first I thought it was an alignment problem...but I think it's more related to the weight of the front and the umm...driving style...um Twisted Evil that I have.

Still very satisfied with the tires. They are good for the buck you pay. Honestly not as grippy or sure footed as my Bridgestone Potenza R070s...but then again they do not cost anywhere near what a set of those would have cost me.

No complaints to date...except I wish I had three more sets so I can Banzai more... bounce
07GDJ25
07GDJ25

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 <Star Spec> Initial Impressions - Page 2 Empty Still great tires!

Post  catgut Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:01 pm

It's been about 3,500 miles on my second set of these Direzzas and I'm still loving them.

Used them at the last Time Attack and purposely set them a bit on the high-side for inflation to see what I could do without maximizing roll-over margin.... Arrow with a little driving-style adjustment Razz I was able to get them to turn very well without pushing the front tires out too hard (understeer). The times I did push in the turns were each attributed to my error and forgetting that I changed my style to suit the tire settings. I was braking alot harder and much later before turning-in which allowed me to manage the traction through the turns as long as I kept the weight transfer balanced and carried speed through the turns.

Considering I'm still on stock suspension/dampers I'm VERY happy with these tires once again Cool I do think that with a little more torque they're too narrow and will break loose/be harder to manage. For now this set-up is great. Looking to get some 235 or 245mm tires depending on how our rules pan-out for this new era in our club.

Couldn't be happier with street tires. These are a great buy.

P.S. - Too Busy still runs like mad on my first set of tires and he appeared to have good traction still yet!

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-12-03

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2